Paper: Field Notes Cold Horizon
Pen: Hacked Zebra F-701 with blue-black Jetstream refill
Coffee in my cup: Americano from Caravan Coffee
The interwebs have been all atwitter about Field Notes Unexposed, the latest colors edition. Unexposed features bright, bright neon covers. After opening the opaque black sleeve and finding the extreme neon covers, Field Nuts have exclaimed everything from “So beautiful!” to “My eyes! My eyes!”
But this is not a review of Field Notes Unexposed. This is a recommended pen and pencil pairing for each of the six notebooks in this edition. Pairing the right coffee with your food makes all the difference. Likewise, finding the right pen or pencil for each of these distinctive notebooks will expand your joy.
Johnny Gamber has paired his Field Notes Unexposed with neon wopex pencils. It’s amazing how closely the color of the wopex pencils matches the color of the Field Notes Unexposed. So closely, in fact, that I am certain laying these pencils on an Unexposed cover would guarantee that I would never find it again. The pencil would blend completely into the cover. WOPEX CAMOUFLAGE!
Instead, I recommend pairing a pen/pencil with the font color on each journal. No camouflage, and a beautiful accent.
Pen and Pencil Recommendations
- Staedtler Norica Pencil in blue – Wal-Mart | Amazon
- Jinhao 599 Fountain Pen, transparent blue – eBay
- Pentel Slicci Techo, orange – JetPens | Amazon
- Muji Aluminum Round Fountain Pen – Muji | Amazon
- Zebra F-701 Pen – JetPens | Wal-Mart | Amazon
- Autopoint Mechanical Pencil, blue – Autopoint | Amazon
- Kaweco Ice Sport Fountain Pen, orange. (I lost mine on vacation this summer. I sure hope it found a good home. Sad face.) – Goulet Pens | JetPens | Amazon
- Ticonderoga EnviroStick Pencil. The glossy green writing on this pencil really pops with this cover. – Wal-Mart | Amazon
- Jinhao 599 Fountain Pen, transparent orange – eBay
- Pilot Hi-Tec-C Maica, orange – JetPens | Amazon
Field Notes Unexposed should be paired with a bright coffee, such as Land of a Thousand Hills Muraho Morning.
*Does anyone have an extra yellow FNU?